Monday 4 January 2016

Who do Liverpool need to sign in January? (Summer briefly mentioned also)


                                           Who do Liverpool FC need to sign in January?

 Liverpool football club are as of right now one of the most unpredictable clubs that I know as we are currently beating team like Manchester City, Chelsea, Southampton and Leicester but losing to teams like Newcastle, West Ham United and Watford so as you can see the season is pretty much the most unpredictable there has been (in the 15 years ive been watching football anyway). 

So the question that I was asking was who do Liverpool need to sign in January and my response simply is the players who are willing to fight for the team because against West Ham and Watford in particular there was none shown whatsoever where we have suffered a lot and never scored one goal. 

The only player who we are close to signing at the moment is the young, 19 year old Serbian midfielder Marko Grujic who is likely to return to his parent club at the moment Red Bull Salzburg but the real question that I am asking myself seems to be is he good enough because admittedly I will admit I haven't seen much of him but the fight our team showed against the likes of West Ham last weekend shows that we need players who will fight for the shirt, the only ones I seen who seemed to do that on Saturday where Lovren, Can and perhaps Mignolet the others didn't seem like they wanted to play football and with Grujic coming who we haven't seen much of can we really have much faith in placing all our hopes on such a young player? because to me he will be learning for the first year or two and adapting to the league.

The only player who I have seen us linked to several times is Joel Matip as Liverpool are desperately in need of a centre back because in my opinion Skrtel should leave in the summer and Lovren and Sakho are not going to win us anything forming a duo at the back even though they looked solid until the West Ham game. Matip is 6'5 and he is only 24 and is out of contract in the summer so if you ask me, he is worth the risk on a free transfer and we need a defender so I feel as though we should move for him as quickly as possible to get his signature and look forward to him arriving at the club in the summer after he has finished this season with his current club Schalke in the Bundesliga.

For the summer, I feel as though Klopp will have a clear out after he has evaluated the squad and has seen who wants to fight to wear the jersey for him and who is there to pick up a pay check. The layers I can see leaving are-:
Allen-Not good enough
Flanagan-Out of contract been injured for 18 months
Bogdan-We will sign a new keeper meaning he's no longer needed
Lucas-Simply not good enough Grujic better replacement
Skrtel- Overrated CB shouldn't have given him a new contract

Benteke-Good player just doesn't fit our style of play and ruins our fluidity
Lallana or Firmino-Can see either leaving as Klopp will have his own ideas for this position
If you have anymore who you feel I should've included or you disagree tell me why and I will discuss these are the first names that pop into my head when I think of players who don't deserve to wear our jersey. 

If you have any questions tell me down below and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment